Re: [LUG] meeting in Paignton

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just to remind people there is a meeting in Paignton THIS SATURDAY
> 4/4/09 at the shoreline cafe. Paignton
>
> starting at around 3pm
>
> Myself, tom b and rob b will hopefully be discussing how the lug or lug
> members can get invoved with a summer event organised by the Preston
> community partnership,  which is a picnic (well bar b que) on preston
> green / beach area.  in July
>
> if anyone wants to bring up any topics, ideas, or problem solving
> issues, please let everyone know via the list so other people can
> perhaps come prepared to help in some way.
>
> Not sure if anyone will be going along as a result of my poster i put up
> in the cafe.  I will have a few copies of 8.10 and if I have any left
>
> Issues regarding distro allegiance to on side,  Does the group want to
> do anything regarding the launch of Ubuntu 9.04,  I have updated my
> posters so can put these up,  around paignton,  and perhaps do some mini
> postcard size adverts to go in a few shop windows,  it just gets the
> message out.
>
> The more we market free software for events like this will highlight the
> alternatives before the big marketing push Microsoft will do prior to
> the launch of Windows 7,  lets get the message out there. and perhaps
> save us taxpayers some money at the same time.
>
> Perhaps at the may meeting we can do a demo of Jaunty,  have a look at
> the new features, etc of the finished product.  Just an idea,  don't
> forget the may meet is the 2nd saturday of May due to the biker (bmad)
> festival being the weekend before.
>
> anyway see you all on saturday,  well those that are going anyway
>
> Paul

Actually the event I referred to at the last LUG meet was the Palm FM
Party on the Green on Paignton Green on 1st August, BUT at the moment it
looks like I will not be involved with that event.

Still as you mention, there's the one on Preston Green which we may be
able to get involved with albeit without the possible Wifi of the
Shorline Cafe unless we invested in some DIY long distance wireless kit
(I believe Gordon said he did something like this before so maybe he
might be able to advise on what sort of things we'd need and how we
could go about it?).

I should be able to make it.  Remember everyone, parking is £1 in Torbay
Council car parks BUT you still have to keep an eye on how long you can
stay as parking in some of the car parks is limited.  It also DOESN'T
apply to on-street short stay parking (where you get a ticket from the
blue parking meters).  More info here:
*http://tinyurl.com/torbay-1-pound-parking-april09

*Anyway, hopefully see you all on Saturday (assuming I'm not tearing my
hair out getting the Virgin broadband installed).

Rob