Re: [LUG] (head in the) Cloud computing

Tom Potts wrote:
> Having decide Cloud computing was just another way of getting money out of
> people for old rope I've only been glancing at it out of the corner of my
> eye.
> It just occurred to me that if the cloud hosting 'cluster' is resilient and
> asymmetrical then this could be just what I've been looking for...
> Does anyone know about the server (cloud) side software?
> Tom te tom te tom

Not really looked into it much (although I did have a look at the Amazon
S3 service) although I did find that the new Ubuntu Server 9.04 which is
currently in Beta and comes out next month is able to run Amazon Compute
Cloud um... clouds.

There's more about it here:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/03/25/ubuntu_amazon_cloud/

Saying that though it might be completely opposite to what you want.  I
dunno I can't keep up with all these buzz words, I'm going back to
living in a cave (with my Vodafone dongle of course).

Rob