Re: [LUG] Firefox v 3

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 08:26 +0000, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> Recently I installed FF v3.0.7 (Kubuntu Hardy) and it seems to work
> well. The only problem is that it does crash out occasionally, 4 or 5
> times a month. This was very rare with version 2.
>
> Should I expect this with a newer version? Or is there something I could
> do to sort it out?

I find it completely freezes a little more regularly than you describe
but not much. I am a tab-a-holic though with typically 20-30 tabs open,
oh and a plugin-a-holic with a couple donzen plugins at least.

I don't think its right to say that you should "expect" it to crash but
it would be apparent that FF3 does do that sadly. It isn't really enough
to really cause me a problem or grievance, certainly not given how
useful I find it, I can live with its foible for now, hopefully in time
it will be cured.

Oh, and yes FF2 rarely ever crashed here also.

--
John Williams <subbass@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>