Re: [LUG] How many do you understand?

M.Blackmore wrote:
> Immediate termination with thin wire loop and a butchers hook for that
> man (hands up those who know the real history 0f the Von Staufenberg
> plot...)
AKA the July Plot from the planned event being July 1944?  The general
idea being to revoke the Fuhrer's breathing privileges with immediate
effect.  Sadly stuffed up by giving the primary function to a one armed
one eyed war hero.  Although we can admire von Stauffenberg's
willingness to put himself (literally) in the firing line, I don't think
it was smart to allow him that responsibility with no backup plan.  Nor
did it help that he didn't hang around to see if the bomb had worked
before kicking off the rest of the plan prematurely.  I think if he had
done so the chances are he would have shot himself to prevent capture,
thereby saving the lives of the other conspirators who would not have
come out of the woodwork thinking Hitler was dead.

Kind regards,

Juliaj