Re: [LUG] BBClone and .htaccess

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Simon Robert wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 14:19 +0000, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, Simon Robert wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> my website has a php app called bbclone that records visitor details. I
>>> know there is a way of not counting my own IP by setting a variable
>>> in .htaccess. I can't remember or find what it is.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know?
>>
>>> From the on-line documentation:
>>
>> http://help.bbclone.de/index.php?n=Config.BBCIGNOREIP
>>
>> Gordon
>>

> thanks for helping out and I will search the site, but the url results
> in a page that says
>
> Parse error: parse error, unexpected $
> in /usr/local/www/help/stats/var/access.php on line 25521

Well I guess my reply was better than http://fuckinggoogleit.com/

They have do appear to have some properly buggy code there.

In any case, it's trivial to find from the top page.

   http://help.bbclone.de

In your conf/config.php file:

$BBC_IGNORE_IP Option

This option can be used to exclude particular IP addresses or address
ranges from being counted. If you want to add several addresses or ranges,
use a comma as separator. This option does not accept any hostnames, so
you must first convert them to IP addresses (using a Whois lookup). To
block IP ranges, leave off octets from right to left (as illustrated in
the example below).

Example

  $BBC_IGNORE_IP = "127., 192.168.";    => Ignore specified ranges
  $BBC_IGNORE_IP = "";                  => Don't ignore anything

Gordon