Re: [LUG] OT: Pipex problems

Henry Bremridge writes:
> Was switching from Pipex to BT for voice only. Bt billed me as expected, but then
> so did Pipex.
>
> When I rang up to find out what is happening, Pipex advised that if you switch
> away from Pipex then you have to ring them up (0871 number) and cancel the
> service, otherwise they will continue to bill and will also apparently refuse to
> switch the number to another provider
> agghhhhhh.... glad I switched
>
> --
> Henry
...I have to say I really, really don't like Pipex very much at the moment
aswell. I made them investigate a charge that they made to me for a BT
engineer recently and apparently it turns out that, yes, that visit he made
WAS for a new line instilation (even though there was a perfectly good line
already there) and it WILL cost me £88.00 that they have already taken the
money for by direct debit....thank you very much.
  I am very muh looking to changing my ISP to the one I mentioned here
earlier (forget who they are right now).
   As some people suggested here I will be writing to my MP and to Pipex
about this.
  I heard a similar story from a family friend who's relationship with htem
went right downhill after he did a house move and they started to sting him
with various rip-off charges. not a nice company.
Cheers, JOn