Re: [LUG] government and odf

On Sat, 2009-02-28 at 19:31 +0000, Paul Sutton wrote:
> Looks like the government has also endorsed odf
and pdf and OOXML

Are there enough experts to support (substantial) migration, to redesign
systems so they are cost effective, to offer help is overcoming
resistance and so on? Is there enough training available for Windows
experts to acquire the necessary skills?

I have suggested to my MP that he takes up the issue of the potential
need to develop projects to create GNU/Linux solutions to standard
problems where there is an existing Windows solution but not a (fully)
developed FLOSS one.

I have also offered him and his colleagues an informal (or formal)
seminar to see/hear about/have hands on experience of GL in action. I
doubt if he will take it up, as he didn't a year or two ago, but if he
does, we'll need a few members to do this! I hope I am not presuming too
much to have done this without asking first!!

James

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk