Re: [LUG] I may have drunk too much

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:18:48 +0000
Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> http://www.cio.gov.uk/transformational_government/open_source/index.asp
>
> but I read it twice and it seemed to say the same thing
> Off to lie down....

To help their antiquated indexing systems, quoting #ukgovOSS.

(Funny how trivial it is to subvert such a method.)

Still, it's a welcome sign.

"Governments, can become more innovative, more agile and more
cost-effective by building on the fruits of community work."

"This Government has long had the policy, last formally articulated in
2004, that it should seek to use Open Source where it gave the best
value for money to the taxpayer in delivering public services. While we
have always respected the long-held beliefs of those who think that
governments should favour Open Source on principle, we have always
taken the view that the main test should be what is best value for the
taxpayer."

--

Neil Williams