Re: [LUG] Damn Small Linux-Turn Off Procedure?

Simon Robert wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 17:36 +0000, John Hansen wrote:
>
>> I have succeeded in using DSL on my old laptop but am unable
>> to find how I switch off the laptop in a controlled manner.
>> If any of you know the correct procedure please let me know
>> how to. A search of the WIKI did not reveal the procedure
>> which may of course be obvious to those who know ;-)
>>
>> John
>>

> when I used DSL you could right click anywhere on the screen to bring up
> the menu and then there was something along the lines of Exit/Power Off
> as the bottom entry on the menu.
>
> Simon

I have DSL 1.5 running on an old P200 laptop and to shutdown is as Simon
says -- right click anywhere on the desktop and a menu opens, scroll
right  at POWER DOWN on the bottom of the menu and select either
SHUTDOWN or REBOOT.

or as previously mentioned open XTERMINAL and su to root and then enter
either HALT or REBOOT to achieve the desired action

Dave