Re: [LUG] Bayesian filtering - other than spam

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Anthony Williams wrote:
> A few years ago I worked for a patent information company, and I had
> to write a program that used Bayesian filtering to categorize patents
> (e.g. chemical, mechanical, industrial, etc., but more more nuanced).

I'd expect Bayesian filtering to work almost faultlessly in such
cases: in an anti-spam context, where a huge effort is made (by
spammers) to confuse such filters, they already work surprisingly
well. (The 'surprisingly' is a quote from someone who knows a lot more
about that kind of stuff than I do.) I can imagine that if you'd apply
it very cleverly on images, you might even be able to classify these.

Martijn.