Re: [LUG] GRUB Problem while installing Kubuntu 8.10

On Sun, 08 Feb 2009 11:53:08 +0000
John Hansen wrote:

> Thanks for that link. However I think I shall have to format the Hard
> disk and reinstall.
> Now I just need to remember how to format the HDD!
>
> John W

That's a bit drastic!

If you have anything you can boot from (install disc/pen, knoppix
disc/pen, whatever) then you could boot from it to fix your current
system.

"Grub errors:
15 : File not found
This error is returned if the specified file name cannot be found, but
everything else (like the disk/partition info) is OK."

So it's either failing to find the menu.lst/grub.conf or it's failing
to find some other important file.  Try reinstalling the bootloader
from your pen/disc.

Grant.