Re: [LUG] Sun server anyone?

On Saturday 07 February 2009 14:34:50 J Wonnacott wrote:
> I'm getting rid of a Sun server, model 3/260. It's about 20 years old and
> has been in the shed for about 10 years. It was working when put there.
> It's about 2' X 1' X 2' and heavy.
> I can even deliver it within reason.
>
> Any takers before it goes the way of William Tell?

It would be a great shame if this got binned... I would love to have it myself
but I really don't have the room (and there's already far too much
floor-space taken up by Sun machines at my parents' house).

So let's see if I can persuade someone else to take it. Some specs here:
http://sunstuff.org/hardware/systems/sun3/sun3/3-260/

25MHz CPU, Sun-3 architecture. Will run old Solaris/SunOS, may work with
Debian's m68k port (some kernel patching may be required), seems
well-supported by NetBSD.

I *might* still have a spare Sun monitor someone could have to go with it.

Remember: UNIX machines are for life, not just for the 1980s!

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson