Re: [LUG] browser stats

Paul Sutton wrote:

> Looks like firefox market share has gone up,

You can't tell that from one site, especially not one site focused on
web technology.

I have stats from many thousands of sites available - the Firefox
numbers are still heading up, but few of those sites are anything like
the w3school site.

I'm thinking more of us could do our bit by embedding browser checking
code that says "your browser sucks - try one of these".

Our application at work now does browser detection, and issues a warning
if they are running browsers we know have issues with our application
(like IE6), with advice on how to get a browser that works.

I'd really like more of this sort of thing - but maintenance is a
headache, and few of the sites I can change how I like have the traffic
to justify the effort.

Anyone found especially good code for this? I'm thinking also spotting
old Flash and Java plugins etc.