Re: [LUG] ubuntu key board issue

Paul Sutton wrote:

> I am trying to find out if anyone else out there is experiencing this issue,

Not me - I have "Caps Lock" mapped to the "Compose" key, because "Caps
Lock" is pretty pointless (unless your shift key is hard to press
because it lifts the entire set of heads on the typewriter. Oh and I use
Debian.

Although for fun I noticed it still toggles the Caps Lock light, showing
how light and function are unrelated.

> Is anyone else having a similar issue ?

Lots of Ubuntu users ;)

The original bug report in Launchpad speculated it might be a bug with
the "Caps Lock" correction feature of OpenOffice - I can't test that
because I don't use "Caps Lock", but should be reasonable easy to test.

Restart X, start OpenOffice write, type some stuff normally, delete it
put Caps Lock on, and type "tHE ANSWER IS TO DISABLE cAPS lOCK" and see
if it breaks.

http://anticapslock.com/
http://capsoff.org/