Re: [LUG] real life use of SVN

Neil Williams wrote:

> There is simply no guide better.

Last issue I had, wanting to reverse the deletion of a directory, and
the SVN books suggested approach (well the first of two) just doesn't
work as advertised. Eventually I gave up and tried the "merge" approach,
but it was way more painful, and complex, than it should or need have been.

That said some bright spark (cough, my boss) decided to prefix the
directory names with a  dash "-", because we all know that makes life
easier. I discovered that escaping SVN commands (when you've finally
worked out what you want to do - inspite of the documentation) can be
fun as well.

Part of the issue is lack of familiarity with Subversion, since we don't
do "odd" operations terribly often - nearly all just commit and update,
and add, remove files. I also utterly detest it's policy of silently
upgrading your whole working copy to the client version you are
currently using, something I've fallen foul of once too often.