Re: [LUG] get_iplayer revisited

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:46:33 +0000
Tom Potts wrote:

> I deleted the copies  of 'history of scotland' and did a --get
> --force-reload and the latest editionis now playable. Not sure what
> was going on there - I'd previously downloaded all 3 (?) editions and
> all were unplayable yet all 3 editions of its stupid being green were
> fine. I now have another dream:
> Anyway of downloading the flash content - so I can watch oddbox and
> just see the bits I want to see and not otherwise unemployable 'dj's
> making sidesplittingly hilarious comments - assuming you have a
> negative IQ that is..?
> Tom te tom te tom

The latest version of get_iplayer.pl does support downloading the BBC's
Flash content... but you have to install an additional tool first:
http://tinyurl.com/da3fd2
(Note that I've not had time to get this working on my own box yet)

get_iplayer.pl can also now download WMV from ITV's site. :)

Grant.