Re: [LUG] get_iplayer

Quoting Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm having problems with get_iplayer - it may be due to DRM but I dont know.
> If I
>  get_iplayer --get "its not easy being green"
> I get the latest episode downloaded in one go and it plays quite happily in
> most players
> If I
>  get_iplayer --get "history of scotland"
> there is a small 2M download followed by restart and a ~260M  download.
> The downloads are unplayable.
> Any ideas as to the problem and is there a workaround?
> Tom te tom te tom

Hi Tom,

If you open a command line in the folder that you have saved the
downloads, what happens if you run the command "file" against the
downloads?

~> file <filename.ext>

This should tell you the type of file that the system thinks it is seeing.

Also, you could try running mplayer from the command line as this
often flags up issues that the GUI does not detect:

~ > mplayer <filename.ext>

I've not used get_iplayer myself, so I'm not too sure on the
specifics, but the above should at least tell you where the error lies.

HTH,

M.

--
Matthew Macdonald-Wallace