Re: [LUG] viglen mpc

On Wednesday 07 January 2009 10:33, Alan Pope wrote:
> 2009/1/7 Tom Potts <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > I've just dug out my mpc (having shelved it after I found it wouldnt boot
> > on power restore!) and have a couple of questions:
> > 1) Does it upgrade to 8.04 lts ok?
>
> I have run 8.04 and 8.10 on mine.
I've just tried to upgrade to 8.04LTS and its gone pear shaped*.
I now have a package gsfonts that I cant remove or reinstall and any dpkg
command says it cant do anything because that package is so badly corrupted -
any ideas how to get rid of it/replace it?

* my last three upgrades have all gone pear shaped on the ubuntu family -
anyone else have this problem?

> > 2) how easy is it to upgrade memory on it
>
> The max is 512MB. It uses SODIMM - laptop style memory.
>
> > 2a) should I make a swap sector?
>
> Any reason why you wouldn't?
I was wondering why they didnt set one up at the start!
Tom te tom te tom