Re: [LUG] Problem with OTRS2 mailing...

Grant Sewell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if any of you are running OTRS2, but if you are I'd
> appreciate some pointers.
>
> I have successfully got it so that any messages sent to xxxx@xxxxxxxx
> are picked up by OTRS and new tickets are created.  I have set it up so
> an autoreply is sent to the originator saying that a ticket has been
> raised.  It's this bit that's causing problems.
>
> My server is running Exim4.  Sendmail is an alias.  In my OTRS Config.pm
> I have:
>     # FQDN
>     # (Full qualified domain name of your system.)
>     $Self->{FQDN} = 'grantsewell.co.uk';
>     # --
>     # notification sender
>     # --
>     $Self->{NotificationSenderName} = 'OTRS Notification Master';
>     $Self->{NotificationSenderEmail} = 'otrs@<OTRS_CONFIG_FQDN>';
>     # (Where is sendmail located and some options.
>     # See 'man sendmail' for details. Or use the SMTP backend.)
>     $Self->{'SendmailModule'} = 'Kernel::System::Email::Sendmail';
>     $Self->{'SendmailModule::CMD'} = '/usr/sbin/sendmail -i -f ';
>     # SendmailBcc
>     # (Send all outgoing email via bcc to...
>     # Warning: use it only for external archive funktions)
>     $Self->{'SendmailBcc'} = 'gsewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx';
>

> So, as far as I can see, it should be autoresponding to the originator's
> email address using "otrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" as the sender, and a copy
> BCCed to me.  The BCC part works.  Yay!  I'm getting this in my Exim
> mainlog:
>
> 2009-01-04 23:50:06 1LJcjO-0004Eu-DT <= otrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx U=otrs P=local
> S=759
> 2009-01-04 23:50:06 1LJcjO-0004Eu-DT => otrs <otrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> R=local_user T=maildir_home
> 2009-01-04 23:50:06 1LJcjO-0004Eu-DT Completed
> 2009-01-04 23:50:07 1LJcjP-0004Ez-Hq <= <> U=otrs P=local S=837
> id=1231113007.685918.632968184.12.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 2009-01-04 23:50:07 1LJcjO-0004Et-Ej <= otrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx U=otrs P=local
> S=757
> 2009-01-04 23:50:07 1LJcjO-0004Et-Ej => otrs <otrs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> R=local_user T=maildir_home
> 2009-01-04 23:50:07 1LJcjO-0004Et-Ej Completed
> 2009-01-04 23:50:07 1LJcjP-0004Ez-Hq => gsewell <gsewell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> R=local_user T=maildir_home
> 2009-01-04 23:50:08 1LJcjP-0004Ez-Hq => grant.sewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=inbound1.cornwall.ac.uk [195.195.235.29]
> 2009-01-04 23:50:08 1LJcjP-0004Ez-Hq Completed
>
> Which, to me, would suggest that it is succeeding in sending mail to the
> originator (my College address, in this case).  However, the message is
> not getting to my College inbox, and I have checked their spam filter
> too - nothing.  Since I have no control over their mail server, I cannot
> check if it's hitting it and getting rejected for some reason, or if
> it's not getting there at all, so all I have is my own server's config
> to look at.

> [...]
I'm getting nowhere with this. I've tried from several different
accounts (College, a couple of GMail, others, etc) and all of them get
the same thing. Mail is sent fine. My system picks it up from the
mailbox fine. A ticket is created. An auto-response is sent to the
originator's email address, and bcc'd to one of mine. The bcc'd email
gets received fine (but that may be because it's an internal email
account... I'm just going to try an external one), but the email sent to
the originator doesn't ever get received. Since this is the same on
multiple different originator accounts, it has to be something wrong
with my system.

Any ideas at all?
Grant.