Re: [LUG] And if you thought DCC are bonkers for wasting money on MS, then ...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Windows for Warships:
>
>    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/05/windows_for_warships_hits_type_23s/
>
> *sigh*

As the article says - the current systems are perceived as worse. But
one does wonder who is in charge of these decisions.

Note Windows for Submarines - Trident is 2.2Bn a year running costs, so
presumably down time effectively costs the British tax payer about
~10,000,000 GBP/day in lost capacity to wipe out life as we know it. So
any more than about 30 minutes additional downtime a year wipes out any
savings achieved by switching to a different system. I bet Henry can't
get downtime information on Trident submarine control systems via a FOI
enquiry either ;)