Re: [LUG] Netgear WG511T PC Card

Julian Hall wrote:
> John Hansen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a WG511T card which I wish to use in a Dell 500Mhz
>> laptop with Ubuntu 8.10 installed. The PC card does not appear
>> to be recognized so does not connect with my WIFI Router.
>>
>> Please be kind enough advise how I am to proceed as I have
>> only just installed Ubuntu 8.10 and am still a newbie.
>>
>> Happy New Year to all.
>>

>> John W Hansen
>>

> It uses the Atheros chipset so MADWifi will work with it.  What laptop
> is it?  What distro? I had issues with an older dstro not recognising
> the Cardbus slot the 511T uses.
>
> What does lspci -v show?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Julian,

It is a Dell Latitude CPx 500. The distro is Ubuntu 8.10.
The PC card connected to a previous 3Com router but does not with the
present
wireless BT Home hub as supplied for BT Total Broadband. The PC card's
lights
flash so it is connected to the laptop but not apparently to the hub.

My Dell  Inspirion 1300 running Windows XP and my Asus eeeLaptop both
connect having the key entered. I see nowhere to enter the key with
Ubuntu 8.10.
A desktop with Kubuntu 8.04 which is wired to the hub works well.

What does lspci -v mean?

Best regards

John