[LUG] OT: TFT Repair

This is a bit of a long shot, but I know a lot of people on this list
are into hardware recycling so I'll give it a try...

I have a Sharp LL-T17A4-B 17" 1280x1024 TFT monitor. It's a few years
old, I got it second hand from a friend. Unfortunately a few months ago
it decided to die on me. This did at least give me an excuse to get a
very nice Dell widescreen, but I would love to be able to repair this
one and put it to some use elsewhere.

The only problem is, because it's a very low range monitor, it's in a
large crowd of other random and unheard of makes/models, and so I can't
find any datasheets, info or parts for it anywhere.

I'm not exactly sure what's wrong, but I think it should be easy to fix
if I could just get replacement parts for it.

It powers on fine, and the backlight is working. It detects the VGA (it
has no DVI) input, but all it can manage to display is 3 large box
shaped areas of different colours, with blank/very dark vertical lines
across the whole screen, 1px wide, separated by 1px as far as I can
tell. When I press the menu button the middle section of the screen
turns blue, so it is being displayed, but still all blurred and liney so
I can't even see where the text would be. I've opened it all up, but
can't see any obvious problems.

Anyone have any experience in this area? Is there anything I can do to
narrow down the problem? Any good sources for spare parts? Failing that,
is there any other way of making use of the panel, since I would have
thought that the problem with be with the controller logic rather than
the panel itself?

Thanks in advance.
Simon