Re: [LUG] Xmas perling

On Mon, 29 Dec 2008 16:58:38 +0000
kevin <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > I have the last question of my Family xmas quiz as how many words with
> > > all the vowels in and in the order of a e i o u

In which case, the output is wrong - you can't have words starting "un"
if you want the vowels in that sequence. More work needed on the
regular expression.
;-)

> ABSTEMIOUS
> ABSTEMIOUSLY
> ABSTEMIOUSNESS

extra vowel - depending on the interpretation of the rules, that would
fail in most cases.

> BACTERIOFLUORESCIN
> BACTERIOPURPURIN
> FACETIOUSNESS

ditto (and a lot more in the list)

> BEGGAR-MY-NEIGHBOUR
> HALF-SERIOUS
> HALF-SERIOUSLY

Whether those qualify is also debatable.

> OVERABSTEMIOUS
> OVERABSTEMIOUSLY
> OVERABSTEMIOUSNESS

regular expression error - o and e precede a.

> UNABSTEMIOUS
> UNABSTEMIOUSLY
> UNABSTEMIOUSNESS
> UNABSTENTIOUS