Re: [LUG] changing again - ftp-rename2.pl

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:19:20 +0000, Simon Robert
<simon.robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>actually the files are windows media, wmv if I remember, but I can do
>that change. And no, they're not in the same directory.
>
>How would one go about executing this form an ftp session?
>
>Your help really is appreciated
>
>Simon

take the attached file (if the list allows attachments)

edit the following lines to reflect your ftp server -
my $ftpserver = "192.168.1.18";
my $user = "ftpuser";
my $password = "ftppassword";

change
$newname =~ s/\-1\.jpg/\.jpg/;
$newname =~ s/\-1\.wmv/\.wmv/;
near the end of the script to handle wmv files

run it from a shell prompt by typing -
perl ftp-rename2.pl

(I have tested it on both my Eee and my XP box(ActiveState Perl))

it should print a full directory tree from the ftp server

>> /
-->> testdir
---- test1.jpg
---- test2.jpg
---- test4-1.txt
---- test5-2.jpg
---->> dir1
------ test1-1.jpg
------ test2-1.jpg
------ test5-2.jpg
---->> dir2
---- test1-1.jpg
---- test2-1.jpg
---->> dir 3
------ test 4.txt
------ test 5-1.jpg
------ Test 6-1.jpg

edit the following if you know which sub-tree you want
my $startdirectory = "/";

edit the following if your directory tree is deeper or wider
my $max_depth = 10;
my $max_cd = 100;

then edit
my $action = "none";
my $action = "rename";

and run the script again. it should print out the renames it
would do (but no actually do anything)

>> /
-->> testdir
---->> dir1
------ test1-1.jpg => test1.jpg
------ test2-1.jpg => test2.jpg
---->> dir2
---- test1-1.jpg => test1.jpg
---- test2-1.jpg => test2.jpg
---->> dir 3
------ test 5-1.jpg => test 5.jpg
------ Test 6-1.jpg => Test 6.jpg

if you are *totally* happy with what it wants to do, and take
full responsablility for the results, edit

my $simulate = "true";
my $simulate = "false";

and it will actually change the files (I hope)
There is no error checking for failed directory changes or failed
renames :-/

OB ink-jet-printers: try Googleing for MJL6151L - very nice bit
of kit, print heads a bit expensive when they wear out.

hope this helps
Dave
--
http://www.morgad.co.uk/index.html