Re: [LUG] I thought this might get a bit of a reaction

On Wednesday 10 December 2008 19:45, Mark Evans wrote:
> There arn't that many planes with car engines (even aviation piston
> engines are somewhat different). I'm not sure the average car engine
> would run at all 2.5km in the air :)
I wrote combustion engine.
You see microsoft have got you restricting your own freedoms by osmosis!
And I've seen a VW beetle running fine at 15000 ft in real money! More than
enough HP to fly!
Next you'll be telling me PDF looks the same on my a5 dot matrix printer as it
does on your all singing all dancing tree killer!
All I know is PDF  - or Word  - or ODT documents that are formatted for A4 (or
similar sized paper) are basically unusable on most small screen devices - ie
a 21" monitor or less - and as a result have to be printed and as such are
basically not fit for computer use. If you want your document to look like
something - print is and send it to me. If you don't - just let me have the
information that you want to give me.
PDF may be a standard - but hey! So is OOXML!
Tom te tom te tom