Re: [LUG] Accounts packages

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:17:38 +0000
george <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Following a recent thread (which I have, of course, deleted) the
> January issue of Linux Format has a group review on home accounts
> packages.  The favoured ones seem to be Moneydance and GnuCash.  They
> doo zay that GnuCash does invoices which seems to go a bit against
> what Neil said.  (I'm not arguing with you Neil, honest.. just
> repeating what they said).

I know, I read the article. Yes, GnuCash does handle invoices and at a
cursory review level it seems "comprehensive". When you come to use it
regularly, it gets extremely long winded. Yes, it works but the
implementation will get on your nerves very quickly.

Other parts of GnuCash remember what you have done before - invoices
need a lot of stuff typed in fresh each time. Having said that, maybe
the latest version has improved - I don't use it anymore. Even so, the
"business support" is targetted at single-person businesses or maybe
partnerships - it couldn't cope with a medium sized enterprise IMHO.

--

Neil Williams