Re: [LUG] Ethernet connected photo quality printer - advice please

2008/12/6 David Brook <David.Brook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Could I please ask for a few suggestions as to good quality printers (even
better would be multi-function devices) which will fulfil the following
criteria :-

             The HP Photosmart 7460 - this is a photo printer - not multi functional. I have an old HP1510 for doing the other stuff.

Ethernet connectivity (plugging directly into a hub with no need for a print
server or host acting as a print server)
Wireless accessibility.
Heterogeneous Windows/LINUX/MAC  network.
Must be fully shared by any combination of hosts (which presumably means the
printer itself organises the print queues etc.)

            Printer is wifi, bluetooth, usb and ethernet. I mainly use it on usb but, have connected
            it using wifi and bluetooth - no problems. Works well under Windows and Mandriva. I
            don't know if it handles print queues.

Photo quality (high resolution, borderless etc.)
Separate ink tanks

           Yes. Ink tanks are all separate. Print quality is excellent.

A4 is probably as big as required.

       This is an A4 printer.

Card readers etc. desirable but not essential.

        Yes, it has one

Any experiences of this type of set up would be welcomed.

           This is an expensive printer but, does a great job printing photos which is really what I bought it for. I hope this helps.

Viv