Re: [LUG] To host or local: Mail server, groupware

On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:36:38 +0000
"Richard Brown" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Separate to that would it be possible to run gnucash as an alternative
> to Sage. I'm just looking at the gnucash website but I thought I would
> ask direct.

Direct? I don't work on GnuCash anymore - instead I package HomeBank
for Debian and use Grisbi for my own records.

None of the financial applications are alternatives to each other -
each has their own problems, strengths and annoyances. GnuCash is OK if
what you want *is* double-entry but invoices can be extremely
long-winded to use. Having said that, only GnuCash does make an attempt
at actual invoices. Depends how you use Sage.

--

Neil Williams