Re: [LUG] To host or local: Mail server, groupware

Rob Beard wrote:
> James Fidell wrote:
>> Neil Williams wrote:

>> Eh?  So if you run an IMAP server internally, it doesn't work the same
>> way as an IMAP server hosted elsewhere?
>>
>> James
>
> It does, but if the internal server has to download the mail from an
> external server there is a delay between the mail being sent from the
> original sender and it being received on the internal server.

Ahh, right, I see what Neil meant now.  I didn't realise he was
specifically talking about a local mail server that fetches email from
a remote one as opposed to one that is the primary MX for the domain in
question.

If you can't wait a few minutes for your email to turn up, you need to
get out more, I reckon :)

James