[LUG] Using Wine

I have been using Linux exclusively for over six years now. Most of the
types of program I use are available with the exception of a database in
the style of MS Access or Borland Paradox. I have now given up waiting
and I am considering using wine to run a Windows version of Paradox. I
still have CD's of versions 7, 8 and 9 so hopefully one of them will
work. I also still have my text books about them.

However, I have never used Wine at all. I have looked on the internet
and read up about it. The trouble is that there is so much information
around that I am getting confused. I am using Kubuntu Hardy and there is
a version of Wine available in Adept so it should install OK.

Can anyone tell me if Wine is reasonably easy to use and any problems to
watch out for please? Or is the general advice not to bother?

Thanks

Neil Winchurst