Re: [LUG] Greetings from York! - Remote hands?

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone for the responses - it's very much appreciated. In the end,
I've accepted Rob's gracious offer of help - thanks again to everyone else
who chipped in with offers. I chose on the basis of least-mutual-hassle ;).

Oh, and I can see the boot order in my head :D. external USB (that was a fun
telephone call a few months ago), CDROM, hard drive, network. Getting my
sister to give one any sort of useful information at all is simply
impossible, so I've not asked her to verify that it's still the case, but I
can't think of any mechanism by which it might have shifted to network boot
by default, as it would require the bios to be specifically changed. My
sister hasn't, there's little chance of 3rd-party intrusion (BIOS password),
and the default for that particular BIOS puts network boot last. Good call,
though :)

Once again the friendliness of the Linux community has saved me :) - if anyone
ever needs a hand with anything in/around York, unlikely as that might seem,
feel free to drop me a line.

/Nick