Re: [LUG] Glib's gobjects - Tutorial?

Neil Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 14:19:57 +0000
> Simon Williams <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi. Does anyone know of a good tutorial for glib's gobjects? I'm
>> trying to use a library which uses them, and the only tutorials I can
>> find are confusing me no end!
>
> Not a particular tutorial but I do have experience of using GObject -
> what are you trying to achieve and what errors are you getting? (Where
> is the source code as-is?)

That's the problem. I have no source code. I don't know where to start.
I'm trying to make use of GEGL. Their docs just say things like "this
returns a GObject with properties x,y and z".
The Glib docs keep giving massive examples with huge structs and various
pointers, but don't say what a lot of the fields are for.