Re: [LUG] simple website tools

Hi Dave

2008/11/16 Dave Berkeley <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> I need something simple, that I can get members to add content to. I have
> access to a linux host, and can run apache / php / mysql, and probably
> anything else I care to add.
>
> What I need on the site is:
>
> * contact details
>
> * who we are, what it is all about.
>
> * events
>
> * links to national site
>
> * items in the news

I would load up a wordpress site. Multi-user and there are plenty of
plugins that you would find useful and themes that you could load.
Check out:
<http://wordpress.org/>
<http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/>
<http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/>

If you need a hand to load it up give me a shout off-list.
--
Kind regards
Rich