Re: [LUG] Source of cheap small capacity USB memory sticks

gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Nov 2008, Steve Lee wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know a really cheap (or free) source of small capacity
>> memory stick's
>>
>> The Exeter talking newspaper is upgrading to digital and we'd like to
>> give sample's with the players so users can get used to them before
>> the subsequent dispatch of the 1st stick with recordings on it which
>> are later recycled. The samples will be effectively disposable and
>> have a small recording on them so can be old small sizes that are no
>> longer sold (eg 128, 256).
>>
>> We need around 80-100
>
> Pack of 5 x 1GB sticks: £10.30.
>
> http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_6&products_id=104766
>

> Not sure if you could negotiate a discount on more, but you might end up
> paying VAT on them... (Wife bought 5 packs of these recently without an
> issue though)
>
> Gordon

 From site....

VAT is not payable on this item as it is sent to you in a consignment of
less than £18 in value.

Hmm... are they based in Jersey?

I'm VAT registered through the business and I have to charge VAT on
everything I sell regardless of if it's under £18 or not.

Not too bad a price anyway.  I guess if the trial isn't successful they
could be re-sold cheap on eBay.

Rob