Re: [LUG] Domain Names

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Friday 14 November 2008 17:41, peter wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am looking for a domain name for our railway club site.  However my
>> ISP quotes £50.00 for two years. (Force9)
>>
> Only if that includes 5Gig of storage too!
>
>> Is this reasonable?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Peter L-J

Ouch, £50 is a bit excessive.  I paid less than a tenner for a .co.uk
domain and about £35 a year for hosting (about 2GB space with 20GB a
month bandwidth) from Heart Internet.  Sods law I found out recently too
that I get free web space and domain hosting with my ISP (Vivaciti who
are an Enta reseller).  I'm pretty certain a fair few of the Enta
resellers provide web space and domain hosting with broadband packages.

I wouldn't have thought you'd need anything excessive.

Rob