Re: [LUG] Ashley Highfield joins Microsoft

Matthew Browning wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Just seen this on Digital Spy...
>>
>> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/a135199/ashley-highfield-quits-project-kangaroo.html
>>
>> It seems that Ashley Highfield (yes the guy who was at the Beeb and
>> involved with the iPlayer debarcle...
>>

> Debacle?

Well there was the big thing when the iPlayer came out about it only
supporting Windows XP and Internet Explorer.

It hit a few tech news site headlines.

>> Call my cynical...
> [snip]
>
>> Of course it would still be better if they used something like Dirac.
>> Still at least the BBC are slowly changing.  I bet in the Beeb it's a
>> case of us (the techies, engineers etc) and them (the Mac loving
>> media-tards).
>>

> It's not like that.  I'd be happy to talk through the technologies we
> are using and the reasons for them at a future meet if people are
> interested.
>
> MB

Well that sounds good.  I must admit it does seem that things are
getting better, specially now that BBC content can be played through Totem.

Rob