Re: [LUG] a command line copy command

On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 14:58 +0000, Simon Robert wrote:
> I have a situation where I boot from a live disk, in this case puppy,
> set up a wpa wifi configuration, then mount the hard drive, sda1, do a
> search for all files starting wpa* and then copy them from the live disk
> to the hard drive.
>
> I'm OK on all these steps except the last one. How do I copy multiple
> files in multiple directories to the equivilent locations on the hard
> drive? I guess it's a find / -name wpa* | grep something. ie from the
> live /etc/run/wpa_supplicant to the hd equivilent along with the 30
> other files needed?
>
> Thanks
>   Simon
> --
> info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk

Are the Dirs the same?

could you use rsync with the filter set?
          -f, --filter=RULE
              This option allows you to add rules to selectively

        exclude  certain  files  from  the  list of files to be transferred.
This is
              most useful in combination with a recursive transfer.

              You may use as many --filter options on the command line
as  you
              like to build up the list of files to exclude.

with

   --files-from=FILE
              Using  this option allows you to specify the exact list of
files
              to transfer (as read from the specified FILE or -  for
standard
              input).   It  also  tweaks the default behavior of rsync
to make
              transferring just the specified files and directories
easier:

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved (possibly!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386