[LUG] Debian (Stable vs Unstable)

Hi all,

I am writing knowing that Debian (or its derivatives) is the OS of choice
within the group.

Just got myself a brand new dedicated server as the next logical step up
from a shared hosting platform.

I decided to go with Debian 4.0 (Etch) 64bit as the OS of choice and was
wondering if anyone had any advice on whether to install packages from the
stable or unstable branch.

I have currently gone with the unstable branch after reading the advice on
the debian web site. I am keen to utilise the latest versions of Apache and
PHP for my web applications which work in a LAMP environment.

What are the chances of coming unstuck in the future if I continue to use
the unstable branch?
or will all be ok?

Thanks.

Regards