[LUG] Low-power file/mail/web/print server...

I've been mulling over this for a while now, and I'd appreciate some
input from you lot on it.
Basically I'm looking to replace the box I've had running as an
all-purpose 1-user homeserver.  I've pretty much boiled it down to
either a Debianised Buffalo HS-DH320GL 320GB Linkstation Live (ebuyer
code: 139061) or one of those Viglen MPC-L boxes with an external USB
harddrive.

My thoughts on this so far as that the Buffalo, although it has a larger
capacity it is harder to make it fully useful (ie Debianising it) and if
there are problems with it, it is likely to be harder to troubleshoot,
whereas the Viglen has less storage but can easily be expanded and it
should be relatively trivial to Debianise it, since it can be used
locally too it should be easier to troubleshoot if things do go wrong.

I'd appreciate your input and experiences.

Cheers.
Grant.