Re: [LUG] Things moving on Gnome's panel(s)

Rob Beard wrote:
> Grant Sewell wrote:
>
>> Simon Waters wrote:

>>> What parts moves?
>>> When does it move?
>>> Distro & version?
>>>
>> What moves?
>> Clock, Volume Applet, Power Manager Brightness Applet, Notification
>> Area, CPU Frequency Scaling Monitor Applet(s), Computer Temperature
>> Monitor Applet(s). Interestingly the "Logout" tool doesn't budge.
>>
>> When?
>> I haven't yet identified what is the trigger, so it seems "random"...
>> although that is quite unlikely. :D
>>
>> Distro & Version?
>> Ubuntu 8.04.1
>>
>> --Grant
>>

> Have you made sure that Lock To Panel is ticked when you right click on
> them?
>
> Rob

Hi Rob,

I *always* have "lock to panel" ticked on *everything* as I find things
moving around quite annoying. That's what's confusing me... nothing
should be moving. I know they can do if the screen resolution drops (so
they can fit on the screen) and then is increased again, but I'm not
doing that.

/me is confused.

--Grant.