Re: [LUG] php list or ug

2008/10/11 Jaan Jänesmäe <secrgb@xxxxxxxxx>:
> How dare you to call it scripting .... (just kidding).
> Anyhow, we could simply have a sw software development group or similar.
> Then the area is much wider and non programmers (as in designers) could also
> join.

The whole southwest is too wide to cover when it comes to actual
meetups, job ad's etc - also underscore covers a large swathe of the
s/w when it comes to general "new media".

I think there would be a enough people using any of Perl, PHP, Python
and Ruby (or even Rexx) to make meetups possible in devon and
cornwall. The LUG already encompasses most general programming and
I've found that Java and .Net talks, articles, etc tend to be very
specific to those languages, while dynamic languages are more able to
share ideas, particularly as many share a large number of underlying
ideas and even use the same underlying C/C++ libraries to provide 3rd
party features.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk