Re: [LUG] OT: New Laptop recommendation.

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> Hmm... I didn't bother checking their website.  I'm sure they still have
>> some on the shelf of the Truro store.  Anyho, if you can get hold of one
>> they have nVidia 7000m series GFX cards and Compiz works *very* well. :)
>
> Are integrated graphics really a big problem for Compiz? I'm running
> compiz just fine on an Intel 945GM chip just fine, even when I plug in
> my little netbook into anexternal monitor at 1280x1024 compiz still
> runs acceptably.
>
> Jon

I'd agree, integrated graphics these days aren't too bad.  I'd say if
you're not after the latest power hungry games and just want some basic
Compiz effects then integrated graphics will probably be fine.

I'd avoid any current Dell or HP (maybe others too) laptop with an
Nvidia graphics chipset - see here for more details:
http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/07/09/nvidia-g84-g86-bad

Rob