Re: [LUG] lugs 9th Birthday

On Fri, 3 Oct 2008, Paul Sutton wrote:

> First message on the list was posted on
> /Date/: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 22:12:26
>
> just thought i would post so hopefully someone will remember on the
> 18th.  We will be 9 years old :)

If you want to be really picky (and clearly I do!) that wasn't the first
message to be posted to the list, it was the first message that was
archived - that first post you can see
(http://www.dcglug.org.uk/archive-old/msg00000.html) was part of a fairly
silly thread making sure majordomo was correctly configured.  I think the
reply that's quoted in that message was a mail from the distinguised Pete
Hatton.

Not that I've got a closer idea than "October 1999" for when the LUG was
established, just that I remember having a conversation with Aaron
Trevena on the steps to Babbage (Computing building at the University of
Plymouth) about the lack of a Devon and/or Cornwall LUG after we came back
from the summer break after we'd both had the same idea whist away.

Also you might want to add an apostrophe to your subject :D

Alex.