[LUG] A virtual open source exhibition

Hi Everyone,

Recently i won open source contributor of the year for my work on
Linden Labs Secondlife and as part of the prize i get 1/4 of an island
for 12 months (a fair size chunk of virtual land). Now the idea of
this is to use it "for open source work" and i thought a good use of
this may be a virtual world open source exhibition and information
area. As i believe the majority of you here probably don't know or are
only aware of secondlife, so therefor I though this would be a good
place to ask to get some ideas for what to do there and get the sort
of "freedom" of ideas that some one use to the virtual world may be
tunneled away from.

I currently thinking of some impress type slides which can be shown
like a presentation, or make it look like a 3d virtual world
simulation of a slide based presentation anyway and content to include
info on opensource, the beginnings, why its good, applications
available etc. Anybody got any real presentations they would like to
donate? What topics would you like to see? The level of detail is
probably limited as it would be in a real exhibition hall (eg slides
and posters) so after that its either give a notecard or link to a
webpage.

Debian is getting a section as thats my distro of choice and it was
attempting to package secondlife for debian that has ended up where i
am today, and i want to promote my test debian packages of the
secondlife viewer.

I'm probably pushing my luck to get much finished for Software Freedom
day but i might have a bit done by then.

Thanks

Robin