Re: [LUG] DCGLUG SFD2008

Adam Latham wrote:
> My school uses M$Office '07, with its' fantastically useless xml
> type .docx extensions.  Naturally, being based in one of the poorest
> areas of the country, almost none of the parents of the pupils attending
> local schools will have the spare £100 or so to buy Office 2007 (pupils
> don't get discounts 'cus they don't buy enterprise
> products!(allegedly!)).

Adam, could I just ask, are you in the Torbay area?

I think as a group we should get something in the Herald Express in
Torbay to promote Open Source.  For instance isn't OpenOffice.org 3
going to support OOXML files?

Maybe it's something we should be really promoting.  I know for one, as
a parent I can't afford a copy of Office 2007 at £100 even if I can
install it on 3 PCs.

Rob