Re: [LUG] Ubuntu 8.04-First Time Installation

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 14:24 +0100, John Hansen wrote:
> I have bought a used Dell desktop for my wife to replace her Windows XP
> PC which is giving trouble. Before installing Ubuntu I wonder if there
> any matters I need to consider. I have only used Kubuntu before so it is
> new territory for me.
You can set up with Gnome (Ubuntu) and see if she gets on OK with it. If not, there
is a help page to upgrade (?) to Kubuntu. She can compare the two before you decide
anyway as you have it. Is the PC still useable (i.e. a problem with XP)? - in which
case you might even have another option.

James
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk