[LUG] Disk order swap at boot

I had a machine with Suse10.1 installed on a PATA hard drive.
I've inserted a SATA drive and when installing Ubuntu I found I had to tell
the bios to use the SATA as the first hard drive to stop the Ubuntu (64bit
alternate) using the PATA drive swap first.
Now the Ubu works fine but I cant boot into Suse10.1 for the Ubu grub unless I
hit the bios to swap the drives around again, or edit all the suse menu.lst
drive references.

Does anyone know of a way I can tell linux (in either setup) which order to
see the disks?

Tom te tom te tom