Re: [LUG] oops

Tom Potts wrote:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08/27/ssh_key_attacks_warning/
>
> dont look good this one

Just a US Cert activity warning.

I haven't seen it reported by anyone but US Cert.

Alas, no one seems to know which vulnerabilities it uses to gain root
privilege. Probably wise to have kernels patched up to date, and ensure
your SSH keys are protected by passwords (except where used for
automated system activity).

I doubt it will be a major issue, it doesn't look that sophisticated,
certainly not by Windows malware standards (which are now in orbit
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7583805.stm ).

  Simon