Re: [LUG] Exeter Fun Day - Got a bit of a problem

tom wrote:
> Sorry to hear this bad news Rob, especially after all the effort dcglug
> members have put into this, but safety should be our primary concern so
> its the right decision. Unfortunately rain and computers and people
> don't mix very well :-(

That's what I thought.  All we need is one person to get a shock and it
won't be very good for publicity.

> Hopefully there will be opportunities for other events. Perhaps we need
> a port-a-cabin..... Or if anyone knows of a bus / coach we could refit
> as a mobile computer suite ? ..... Dream on .....

Well maybe that might happen.  We could do with maybe finding a bigger
organisation who might have a bus or something.  How about that one you
was on about?

> Here we are struggling to put two pennies together to create an
> instructive, open and free computer environment for people to utilise,
> while big corporations spend our budgets 1,000 times over in a single
> advert on telly.

Yeah annoying that isn't it.  Maybe we could brainstorm ideas for
raising funds.

Rob