Re: [LUG] my Tyan MB

Ross Bearman writes:

> If you can boot from a LiveCD you could try reinstalling GRUB? The
> only times I've received error 22 is when the partition containing
> GRUBs configuration files had been deleted.
> Regards, Ross Bearman
>

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:43 PM, kevin <kevin.lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 00:25 +0100, jon.davey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> Hi, everyone. I've just invested in a Tyan dual processor mother board. The
>>> problem is I can't get it to boot an OS. It goes through the boot sequence
>>> nicely then just before I expect it to start running the OS I get;
>>>
>>> GRUB Loading. Please wait.....
>>> Erros 22
>>>

>>> I thought it was interesting that the board seems to have a GRUB bootloader
>>> and that someone from here would be able to enlighten me as to what I might
>>> need to do in order to get the boart to boot an OS.
>>> Cheers, Jon Davey.
>>
>> Are you running SATA or IDE disks?
>> Have you set the Bios to boot SATA?
>> some bios's only look for IDE unless told first.
>>

>> Regards
>>
>> Kevin Lucas
>> Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved
>> Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
>> 01579363386
...cheers Kevin....I'm running an ordinary IDE hdds and cdrom. I thought
about trying to run a live distro but I get the same problem with that, it
won't boot into it. There is an option in the bios to enable SCSI cos
there's SCSI ports built into the board but I don't think that should
interfear with the main boot process.....I might try to run a live CD using
a SCSI cdrom I've got....
Jon Davey.